Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present! (Part 8)

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by BuddyRockefella, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuddyRockefella macrumors newbie

Oct 24, 2008
    Mod Note: Here is a list of the previous threads
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 2)
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 3)
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 4)
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 5)
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 6)
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 7)
    Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present (Part 8) <- This thread

Please refrain from quoting images. If you want to see the picture that a post is referring to, you can press this button: [​IMG].

For large images (over ~800 pixels wide), please use [/SIZE][/B] tags rather than plain old [img] tags

[b]We ask that everyone [U]refrains from reposting the same image in multiple threads[/U]. That includes the "Under 18" as well as "Post Your Mac Setup" threads.

We do realize that this will still sometimes occur. If/when that happens, please report it by clicking on the "Report Post" icon ([IMG] and include a link to both posts. Thank you.

P.S That clock screensaver is Fliqlo
    PP.S. The time and date / weather on the desktop thing is most probably GeekTool <- examples and instructions.

where that desk from
  2. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

May 27, 2008
    Sioux City, IA
    I have that same stand for my MBP. I actually really love it. My only problem is operating the SuperDrive and Remote at the same time. The two little black things that stick up need to cover one.
  3. mithrilfox macrumors regular

Nov 6, 2007
    Still using this iBook G4 at work... typing on it now. We sold my old iBook G4 to a friend and then I took my wife's iBook G4 and gave her my MacBook. Yea I know I got the short end of that stick, but I also got a new iMac out of the deal :D

Then I built a Hackintosh and made the iMac unofficially the wife's.
  4. Sapphire08 macrumors member

Dec 20, 2008
    England UK
    I love my iMac to bits but if I knew when I bought it what I know now - I would have got a macbook :D

I don't really need one ie I don't travel or go out much but so often I sit down stairs watching tv and want to do some work or your check my email and I want to use my Mac which is upstairs. I thought the windows laptop downstairs would do the job but windows just doesn't cut for me any more :eek:

Maybe a macbook air would do the job - I may have to treat myself when budget allows but boy I want an more portable option now ;) I guess both is the best of all worlds but it seems sometimes a bit OTT if you know what I mean :eek:
  5. Bwa macrumors 6502

Jun 20, 2007
    Boston & San Jose
    I have two of those stands (used to have two laptops). They're OK but I wish I had bought the LX stand instead. IMO these NeoFlex stands cheapen the Ergotron name. On the other hand, they were cheap--I got them both for $60 ($30/ea).

I guess if you slide the laptop "too far" to the right both the remote & the optical are exposed--I never use either one of them, so I guess I hadn't noticed that.
  6. nappulaz macrumors newbie

Aug 4, 2008
  7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

Jan 15, 2006
    The Kop
    I've updated the mod note at the top of this thread with details of Fliqio and GeekTool, will make finding those links when people ask that much quicker. :D
  8. harry454 macrumors 6502

Sep 13, 2007
    I will be going out this weekend to pick up the Galant set from Ikea, the L shaped desk with the curve extension and the doider lights. I will post pics then, I'm so excited.
  9. HazRutter macrumors regular

Jan 2, 2009
  10. eeeaddict macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2009
    waiting on new aluminium macbook

Hoping to get aluminum macbook for my birthday (not featued ipod shuffle g1)
    oh and does anyone know what is the one time developer discount want to buy a apple tv with the money I save:D

Attached Files:

11. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Jan 28, 2008
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks so much! That will make things SO MUCH EASIER!
  12. The3nd macrumors regular

Jan 26, 2007

Not Shown another 5d II, Another 1d III and 400 IS & 200 IS

BTW taken W/ a G10 a great little camera!
  13. MattZani macrumors 68030

Apr 20, 2008
    Nice Collection Of Lenses and Bodies! :eek:

Here's my iMac G3 600Mhz Running Tiger.

14. tMac85 macrumors 65816

Sep 15, 2007
    in a great place
    yeahh yet another thread.

im going to be re-posting mine soon. havent since i got my new macbook and phone.:D
  15. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Dec 21, 2008
    Denver, Co
    Hvae a 17-40mm there you wanna get rid of? :cool:
  16. Bwa macrumors 6502

Jun 20, 2007
    Boston & San Jose
    9920 x 1600 desktop

Today I set-up my 2nd 30" monitor. I now have 9920 x 1600 on my Mac Pro; I have a dual-link DVI KVM to switch the middle 30" with the MacBook Pro. I originally ordered the 2nd 30" for the MacBook Pro, no KVM planned, but I thought I'd give it a shot and see how I liked having a 9920 x 1600 desktop, as well as not needing a 2nd keyboard/mouse.

Pictures are click-able.

I am not quite sure if I will keep it like this or split the systems back up and bring back a 24" or 19" for the 6 monitor system. 108" of monitor width is really wide, but I do enjoy having more than 1 non-portrait screen. It will take a few weeks to sort out.

Most (All?) of your questions are answered in the FAQ in my signature. I write software.
  17. bluewhite4 macrumors member

Jul 11, 2008
    Beloit, WI
  18. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

Aug 6, 2008
    Memphis, TN

i just bought those lamps :D all i need is a nice desk now
  19. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

Jul 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Two Mac Minis?
  20. bluewhite4 macrumors member

Jul 11, 2008
    Beloit, WI
    Gotta have two, one to play with and destroy while learning, and the other to act as my web-server for some local business that I host for.
  21. Xirurg macrumors newbie

Aug 11, 2008

Looks awesome man!they are all attached to your Mac Pro?
  22. MattyK macrumors 6502a

Add another one to the lamp list.
    SO many people have those lamps :p

Loving the Flash lamps :D
  23. crazyrog17 macrumors regular

Jan 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.