Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
Vtec?! you serious? lol.. I want vtec in my bike.. for a 600cc, I'm constantly over 12,000 rpm for daily riding

Yes it has VTEC, but simpler than the car version. It basically switches between an 8 valve and a 16 valve engine. Bit of a gimmick really but makes a nice noise at 7000rpm with a kick up the arse too :D

Sounds like you want a bike with more torque, lower down in the rev range. Most 600s are screamers I'm afraid.

FZR1k

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2008
38°16'12” North Latitude
2008 FXSTC
IMG_4485.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

Reactions: drlunanerd

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
Yes it has VTEC, but simpler than the car version. It basically switches between an 8 valve and a 16 valve engine. Bit of a gimmick really but makes a nice noise at 7000rpm with a kick up the arse too :D

Sounds like you want a bike with more torque, lower down in the rev range. Most 600s are screamers I'm afraid.

My bike's just loud and... loud lol.

I would switch to a Honda CBR1000RR, but i just bought this bike new and too broke to switch :p It's okay, I can accelerate faster then anyone else on the street usually so it keeps me happy.

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
My bike's just loud and... loud lol.

I would switch to a Honda CBR1000RR, but i just bought this bike new and too broke to switch :p It's okay, I can accelerate faster then anyone else on the street usually so it keeps me happy.

Speed - it's never enough :D
Seriously though, road bikes are getting stupid fast now.

Last edited:

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
Yes 2002 Fatboy...... :cool:

Oh cool, I just guessed as I don't know much about Harleys. What I do know is that yours looks so much better than the current model! Have you modified it? The front mudguard, wheels, headlight surround and handlebars make it look cool in a Judge Dredd kinda way :D

Tattooz

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2009
Maine
Oh cool, I just guessed as I don't know much about Harleys. What I do know is that yours looks so much better than the current model! Have you modified it? The front mudguard, wheels, headlight surround and handlebars make it look cool in a Judge Dredd kinda way :D

:) The list is soooooo long.....

Drop kit (make her sit lower)
Chrome Black Chrome Black....... HA HA HA
Drop handle bars Drag style....
custom wheels and front fender, full head light Narcel
Custom heat painted one off pipes....

Riding with the wife.... PRICELESS ;)

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
I don't know about the US but in Europe the 1098 has already been superseded by the 1198 - supposedly quite a bit superior especially if specced with traction control. I know a couple of guys who bought their dream bike in the 1098 and are pretty upset that Ducati have improved it already, but hey that's progress I suppose. I can't ride one as they're too uncomfortable for my height :(

Here's my "pipe and slipper silver Viffer" Honda VFR800 VTEC ABS:

I want that bike so bad!

My old 2002 CBR600F4i...I loveeee this bike, I had to sell it but Ill probably buy it back again down the road.

Attachments

• img0511ho6.jpg
    img0511ho6.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 162

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
:) The list is soooooo long.....

Drop kit (make her sit lower)
Chrome Black Chrome Black....... HA HA HA
Drop handle bars Drag style....
custom wheels and front fender, full head light Narcel
Custom heat painted one off pipes....

Riding with the wife.... PRICELESS ;)

I thought so. Harley should sell them looking like that as standard, so much sexier than stock, and you haven't over-done the customising. I mean, I'm into sports bikes but for the first time I fancy a "Hardly Dangerous" :D Does this mean I'm getting old? :p

I want that bike so bad!

Aww, shucks :)

Tattooz

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2009
Maine
I thought so. Harley should sell them looking like that as standard, so much sexier than stock, and you haven't over-done the customising. I mean, I'm into sports bikes but for the first time I fancy a "Hardly Dangerous" :D Does this mean I'm getting old? :p

Aww, shucks :)

old HELL NO here is my other ride.....

Gixer.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.