Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2005
I heard some people are recieving their new iMacs today. I was going to go to the big Apple Retail Store in SF but it was raining...

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
iHateWindows said:
I heard some people are recieving their new iMacs today. I was going to go to the big Apple Retail Store in SF but it was raining...

They're in stock at those apple stores? Not in stock anywhere in Mass yet, it's been a long week waiting...

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2005
Abstract said:
So how will looking at the new iMacs help? The Intel iMacs look exactly the same as the ones released several months ago. :confused:

The labels for the ports on the sides are different and the Superdrive is in a different place.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Abstract said:
So how will looking at the new iMacs help? The Intel iMacs look exactly the same as the ones released several months ago. :confused:
I was thinking the exact same thing. I could post the three iSight PPC Macs we have at work and no one would know the difference.

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2005
grapes911 said:
I was thinking the exact same thing. I could post the three iSight PPC Macs we have at work and no one would know the difference.

Unless if you took pictures of the right side or the About This Mac window.

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 11, 2005
grapes911 said:
Oh, wow. The new ones are waaaaay different then. Those pics sound great. ;)

Well I really do want to see them, no matter how much of a geek I sound like.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
iHateWindows said:
The labels for the ports on the sides are different and the Superdrive is in a different place.

The superdrive may not be in the mm same spot but to you and me it is still in the middle.

The labels for the ports you won't be able to see in a pic ;)

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
iHateWindows said:

ummm.... The sides look the same to me.

Pic1: iMac Core Dou
Pic2: iMac G5

edit: Whoa! The iMac Core Duo has Mini DVI! sweetness! :D

Attachments

• im_ib_design_060110.gif
    im_ib_design_060110.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 110
  • ib_imac_sidedetails.jpg
    ib_imac_sidedetails.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 764

jrk07

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2005
lilstewart92 said:
I call my iMac still new. :D

Pics here: http://images.mjstew.net/
Pic 1 and Pic 2 ;)

I like the fact that the iMac remote can magnetically hook onto your computer in more spots than just the side :) (EDIT: Nevermind, its obviously just sitting on the iPod, I am blind). That said....this thread shoulda been started by the first person that gets his intel iMac, because I'm sure he/she will be excited to show it off and wouldn't need a thread to be started welcoming pics.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
jrk07 said:
I like the fact that the iMac remote can magnetically hook onto your computer in more spots than just the side :) (EDIT: Nevermind, its obviously just sitting on the iPod, I am blind). <snip>
LOL! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.