Post Your Power Song

Discussion in 'iPod' started by lexus, Jul 21, 2006.

1. macrumors 68000

lexus

What is your Nike + iPod power song? I haven't got one yet and have no idea where to start.

Anyway post below.

2. macrumors 6502a

I was waiting for this thread!

Plastic Cup Politics - Less than Jake

gets me going, plus it's short so I shouldn't be able to do myself any harm while on a music junky impulse...

3. macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Aww, I loved "Anthem." They need to stop making music though. Sometimes you just need to know when to stop.

Daniel.

4. macrumors 68020

5. Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Depends on my mood...

One obvious one, though, in almost any mood is Walking on the Milky Way by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark.

6. macrumors regular

"It's The End Of The World As I Know It (And I Feel Fine)" - REM

It actually seems to work, too :)

Attached Files:

7. macrumors Core

8. macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Has to be Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor but Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen is a close one

9. thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

Wow that really worked

10. macrumors 6502a

11. macrumors newbie

I don't have the sport kit yet (or even the nano for that matter...lol), but when the next version of the nano comes out, I'll be running with one.
    I may use "She Is Beautiful", by Andrew W. K as my Power Song. Or maybe "Best Of You" by the Foo Fighters. Or maybe....(oh, so many choices)...

12. macrumors 68040

trainguy77

I don't have the kit, however my teams basketball warm up theme song was "Enter Sandman" by metallica. We would be in the team room. Then as the song starts we would start the smoke machine inside the room. Then when it starts pounding we start the smoke machine outside and run out.......it intimidating. :) We were league champs and we hosted some tourneys so it was alot of fun. :)

Back on topic, so "Enter Sandman" is a good one but so is "Kashmir" by Led zep. And if you like hard stuff, "Tainted love" by Marilyn Manson. However sandman and tainted only work if you have speakers (or head phones in the ipods case) that put out good base. "Lets get ready to Rumble" is also an ok song for getting pumped. It all is really your style. I have more songs.....but i could be here all day doing that.

13. macrumors 6502a

now there's a thought. I'd completly forgotton about that song, but now it's found a way onto my playlist.

14. macrumors 6502a

Shambolic, when you synced your first 5K workout, did it's time appear in your record section, under 'fastest 5K'?

I'm wondering why my first one hasn't, when my fastest mile has. :confused:

15. macrumors G4

Chundles

Brahms - Lullaby...

Reminds me to stop running, stop walking too... actually motivates me to hit the couch and have a bit of a kip.

16. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I never used to run to music but since getting an iPod (a few years ago now) I can't run without it. Sometimes I listen to dance (DJ Tiesto, some Faithless remixes and pretty much anything with a good tempo/beat) and run fast. Other times I listen to angry hip hop (Eminem, Jedi Mind Tricks) and although my pace is slower, I can run for longer. It's quite sad how dependent I've become on music. :eek:

17. macrumors regular

Hi Ashapalan - this is my biggest issue with the system at the moment, too. My very first 5K workout did appear correctly, but I've done three more since then, and they didn't register in the records section, or under the leaderboard (in the "Community" part of the site).

I came up with a theory over in this thread on Apple's discussions site, but that theory disproved itself last night. As I wrote over there, even if I'm running "for me", it is kind of frustrating to go out, run to the point of near exhaustion, and then have the Nike site say the run wasn't accepted for the records section!

Makes me think the Chundles approach to running and power song selection might be a better option....

18. macrumors 6502a

Cheers Shambolic, interesting link.

I also calibrated before running. But it does look as though this is a problem at Nike's end, and not Apples. My ipod shows all records correctly.

I guess its a new site and will take a little bit of fine tuning, hopefully they'll get it sorted sooner than later. My latest run is displayed as having happened 4 hours before it actually did which conviently places it before the run I did first, oh wait, i've confused myself...

19. macrumors member

No kit, but...

I'd definitely have to go with Disturbed's 10,000 Fists in the Air. NWO from Ministry would work as well...:cool:

20. macrumors newbie

Terri321

Hi am new here. I noticed your large music group... I have a question one of you may know the answer to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6omva-6KGDU

Stumbled over this instrumental on you tube. No one knows what the theme is.
    Just want to know if anyone here may know the name of this music, Id like to have it on cd.
    Thanks for your help.

Terri321

21. macrumors 68040

trainguy77

Make a new thread out of this it will get more hits. More chance of someone recognizing it.

22. macrumors 68000

MattyMac

artist: i can make a mess like nobody's business
    song: The Best Happiness Money Can Buy

23. macrumors regular

24. macrumors 68030

For me, it's got to be Apollo Four Fourty - Cold Rock The Mic

Hear it here (iTunes link).

25. thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus