Post Your Rebate(s)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Sttesuhc, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Sttesuhc macrumors member

I'm about to get an iBook, and I'm planning to go for three rebates:

$179 Student Union (iPod mini)
    $100 off a Printer
    $50 off MS Office 2004 Student & Teacher

From reading the fine print it seems that I can use the original UPC and receipt for the iPod and then use photocopies for the other two.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is trying for this many rebates all at once?
    Maybe we can track when we receive rebates using this thread?

:D

2. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

I'm going for the first two, and the rep I talked to about it said that I should use the original UPC for the printer rebate then a put a note with the iPod form saying that I was "taking advantage of the printer offer."

She may have been wrong, but I told her to note it so if it doesn't work out that way... I'll be getting my money one way or another!

If you haven't sent yours in yet, I would suggest calling Apple and see what the say. Hopefully you're told the same thing that I was.

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

4. Lucky8 macrumors regular

Lucky8

5. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I don't know if this the place to put what rebates we are getting, but I'm getting an embarasing $5 rebate for a wireless mouse. :rolleyes:

EDIT: My mom is getting the $50 Office Rebate. Don't ask why.

6. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I did the first one but I would think they would want the original with the iPod and a photocopy with the printer... but I would call Apple, get someone's name and employee ID number and have them make a case that you called. That way if you have problems you can reference that.

7. Sttesuhc thread starter macrumors member

After reading the fine print on the Printer Rebate Form...

(paraphrased)

If submitting multiple claims, use the original UPC for the first claim and a photocopy for the second one along with the name of the Rebate Promotion that you sent the original UPC to.

So, for example, send original UPC for Student Union and then send photocopy for the Printer Rebate along with a note mentioning the "Student Union" rebate form.

8. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

That's what I thought, from a logical standpoint, but the lady was quite adamant that the printer rebate took precedence. I asked her SEVERAL times, and she stuck to her guns.

Based on my own experience doing call center customer service, I didn't take down her name and rep id (pretty much worthless if nothing's noted on their end), but I did make sure she noted my account before I got off the phone.

I think I might even call again tomorrow to make sure I'm clear.

9. Sttesuhc thread starter macrumors member

Hmm....interesting.... either she knows what she's saying or she's out to lunch. Still, since two people present the same news, I think maybe the Printer rebate takes precedence since it involves other manufacturers, whereas the Student Union is all "in-house" with Apple.