Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needfx

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Time to reflect on those failed attempts of digital creativity and let the self incriminating evidence loose on the forum. If you've never created one of those, time to prove you can.

Try not to flame anyone too much though, we do need returning customers.

--

I'll kick this off with a failed attempt at an eye catcher for an ebay add. Mostly made with the web images further below

edit
I would like to point your attention at my snarky remark on the bottom right corner
"no cats were impressed during the making of this photo"

Last edited:

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
A banner for a watchface I developed. It was actually hosted by the Pebble team for a little while and didn't get prematurely removed like my "Finally, a Pebble watchface guaranteed not to contain asbestos" banner.

Pop Digit Banner.png

Reactions: needfx

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Time to reflect on those failed attempts of digital creativity and let the self incriminating evidence loose on the forum. If you've never created one of those, time to prove you can.

Try not to flame anyone too much though, we do need returning customers.

--

I'll kick this off with a failed attempt at an eye catcher for an ebay add. Mostly made with the web images further below

Now you say post your worst PS image but actually, technically, this isn't bad! artistically however, you should hang your head in shame! :)

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
you do know you're required to post that Asbestos Banner :D
I would, but it's purely text and not particularly interesting. It was kind of a joke I threw together before I thought any of my watchfaces would be feature-worthy.
Now you say post your worst PS image but actually, technically, this isn't bad! artistically however, you should hang your head in shame! :)
My sentiments exactly. Each element works well by itself, but when you put them all together, it… well, we've all seen it. :p

needfx

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
ok, it's that time of the week

I had serious trouble getting an idea of what to do with the original photo, so this was just experimenting; horrible & outlandish as it is.

Attachments

• floral - Copy.jpg
    floral - Copy.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 396
  • original.JPG
    original.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 364

needfx

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Again though.. Technically very good... These dont suck nearly enough mate... Have another go...

I did come to realize last week that the archive with the shyte work (and then some) has been lost to eternity, when some clumsy dude knocked off my hdd dock, o_O, which ultimately means I have to create horrid stuff a la carte to bring the low out

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Ok here's one of (if not the first) entry I did for a Photo contest on here. I believe the theme was squares. Anyway I remember thinking how good this was when I did it. I don't own Photoshop, so I think this was done with OnOne Suite 7 or something.
How did I not see those lugs sticking out from my cut and paste?
Squares by apple fanboy1, on Flickr

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Ok here's one of (if not the first) entry I did for a Photo contest on here. I believe the theme was squares. Anyway I remember thinking how good this was when I did it. I don't own Photoshop, so I think this was done with OnOne Suite 7 or something.
How did I not see those lugs sticking out from my cut and paste?
Squares by apple fanboy1, on Flickr

Sorry mate, sorry for what I am about to say.... But NOW we are getting somewhere... :)

Reactions: MacRy

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Not a problem. I have broad shoulders.
I was going to go through Flickr and delete my old crap, but I kind of like seeing how I have got (a bit) better.
Lol same here... Some of the early photos i took were howlers.... Thankfully, now 3 years later I am STARTING to actually look and see before pressing the shutter... Maybe in another few years I will be competent...

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Ooo good one.. What the hell is that?

I second this question! Ice cubes on polar shelf?

Oh, man, I don't even really know. It started out as a crack in the snow revealing lava, but I realized that the perspective of the field would require a large crack to lose detail too quickly as they approach the vanishing point, so I changed the mask from a crack to… a waffle iron.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Oh, man, I don't even really know. It started out as a crack in the snow revealing lava, but I realized that the perspective of the field would require a large crack to lose detail too quickly as they approach the vanishing point, so I changed the mask from a crack to… a waffle iron.
Nice! It in itself is an impressive modification but.... Well.... Yes hmm.... :)

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
I know this thread is old, but it has too much potential to let die. Here's something from when I was fourteen. I was going for comically terrible, but I think I overshot.

19056_1270341733120_3755237_n.jpg

needfx

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Luckily, while looking for an old movie poster spoof I remembered I had made, but not found as of yet, I came upon some other extra excellent creations.

I won't be posting them all at once of course!!
PHILLIP censored.jpg

[doublepost=1463754980][/doublepost]
I know this thread is old, but it has too much potential to let die. Here's something from when I was fourteen. I was going for comically terrible, but I think I overshot.

View attachment 632153

thanks for necromancing the thread!!
it can be excellent fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: AngerDanger
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.