Postal 2 coming to Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by iJon, Jul 7, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Just wanted to let all you gamers out there know that Postal 2 is being ported to Mac alongside with Linux. I don't know if many of you know much about this game, but it is meant to offend pretty much anything that breathes. It pokes fun and insults gays, priests, rednecks, women, animals, protestors, middle easterns and more. Although I agree this is probably the most offensive and vulgar game ever, it is still fun as hell. I play it for the sheer value of fun because of it being a FPS. If you have any questions on this game let me know.

iJon

2. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

3. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

WOW got to give them kudos on the site and BTW the game looks cool too. Didn't see any inf on a mac port though. Of course I might have been distracted:rolleyes:

4. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

oh noooooooooo...

;) I used to have postal1 and I can tell you what: that game is violent, horrible and estupido IMHO..!

...I can't believe that they made a second part! OH WAIT, I bought that game... maybe I'm violent, horrible, and stupid too..? :eek:

...well, nevermind ;)

P.e.a.c.e.

vSpacken

5. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

Yeah... I bought the first one, too. It was really twisted. Especially your ability to randomly walk up to sobbing, half-dead women and children and finish 'em off.

The last scene of the old game was the sickest of all: the schoolyard with nothing but kids. It was the only scene of restraint on the part of the creators. Once you started firing (Oh, now don't even start -- if you were dumb enough to play that far, ya fired on the kids - trust me), the scene cut to show you in an insane asylum.

Pretty dark stuff. I'll pass on this version.

6. Chimaera macrumors regular

Its an awful game that tries to trade on being contraversial, wouldn't go near it if you paid me :)

7. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

whats IMHO mean? lol:D

8. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I played the demo on PC at my friend's house for a while but after a while torching the dancing gays, setting myself on fire, and pissing on myself to put out the fire just got a little boring after a while. But it was fun at the time.:D

9. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion

10. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

i thought it was humble

11. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

12. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i think it stands for whatever you meant it to stand for, no? ;)

13. NNO-Stephen macrumors 6502

NNO-Stephen

yes.

anyway, back to "the topic at hand" here...

who's doing the port? are they gonna bring the first one over?

14. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

I love how this game is moving along. I mean first you've got a little of the ultra violent, then you have a contest for Hottest Postal Babe of 2004. I've just been hearing that this game is straight up sick and wrong.

Sadly, my buddies and I are really excited....

:)

Any time table on when the port for the mac will be finished?

15. NNO-Stephen macrumors 6502

NNO-Stephen

when it's done, just like phpBB 2.2 and Duke Nukem Forever :D

16. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

Not sure of timeline, but I think I read that Ryan Gordon, the same guy who ported UT2K3 to Mac, is handling Postal 2.

17. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

Well, UT2K3 will hold off the hunger for a new game for a while anyway....

18. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

Agreed. Although I did preorder Aliens vs. Predator 2, I'm still finding lots of goodies inside my fresh copy of UT2K3.

19. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

Out of curiosity, is Postal 2 running off the new Unreal engine?

20. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Did you hear that UT2K4 will come to the Mac only 1 to 2 months after the PC version? Great news, too! :)

21. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Jeez...UT2K3 just came out and we're already talking about when UT2K4 will be coming out? My parents would never approve of postal 2...:p

22. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Well, it just came out for the Mac, the PC version has been here for ages, so it's only valid that the next version is in the works.

23. couch potato macrumors regular

i played the full version at my friend's house. its worse than GTA3 and vice city put together. My experience:

Walk around a town, blow people's heads off. walk into any building. get out a can of gasoline ( i used cheats and got 999 gas) and spread it all over. pull out a match, and light it. it goes where ever you poured the gas. It catches a cop on fire, an innocent bystander, and a dog. Oh yeah, it also catches a car on fire. the car explodes, flys 20 ft. in the air, then lands on an screaming woman. She runs around screaming on fire. I can let her burn, shoot her, or piss on her to put the fire out. She the die, and her body turns to a burnt corpse. I kick down some guy's door, and walk into his house. He tries to pull a shotgun, but i quickly chop his head off with a shovel. i walk back outside, and just randomly piss on a police officer. he gets a funny look, then pukes all over the ground. then i pull out a napalm launcher, and kill just about every living person. then i go to the mall. gary coleman is signing autographs. i throw a dead cow head, which has deadly chemicals in it. he, and all his fans, get sick and puke while trying to flee.

this game is really evil:eek:

24. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon