Posts removed??

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by zephead, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 68000

zephead

I posted something in the Mac Office 2008 thread at around 7:30 PDT this morning, and now it's gone, along with a few other posts by others that I noticed aren't there anymore. The thing is, I didn't even get warned and/or otherwise notified that I said anything wrong. I'll admit, I was being anti-Microsoft in reaction to the amount of money they want for Office '08, but I didn't think it was so extreme as to warrant my post being removed. Would a Mod or whoever removed my post tell me what I did wrong, as to avoid a similar situation in the future?

2. macrumors Core

PM a mod.

These things are not really meant to be discussed in public.

Ta

3. macrumors 68020

Heb1228

You can PM a mod and ask the same question, and you'd probably get a better answer. They don't have to warn you before they remove your post. They usually do a good job of allowing people a pretty free reign within reason.

4. Moderator emeritus

I'll just say generally that posts are often deleted without warning for various reasons, all of which can be found in the forum rules.

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

zephead

Ahh, my mistake. I'll send a PM to whatever Mod posted around where my post was, then. Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.