Postscript/type 1 fonts PC-Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stevp1, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Stevp1 macrumors regular

I'm trying to get some type-1 fonts from my PC to my PB. They are currently in 2 formats, .pfm and .PFB. I'm not real up on postscript, but when I try to drag them into font book, nothing happens. I've tried converting them with Crossfont, but it doesn't want to see them either. They seem to work fine on me PC as is. Any ideas?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

You're not going to get them to work on your Mac without some kind of conversion, which is always a compromise.

The PFM files are the font metrics. PFB = Printer font binary, I think (?) which is the equivalent to a printer font.

Umm... apart from Fontographer, I can't suggest anything else even though Macromedia never updated it for OSX. Truth is, I'm half-drunk after a fantastic work Xmas party and even though I know there is other software out there (TTconverter?) I just can't remember it right now... :)

There are probably some shareware utilities that may help you get an adequate truetype version from them, anyhows... all is not lost.

*hiccup*

3. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

I have used this product with about 80% success.
    http://www.font.to/Font-tools/TransType/

I haven't needed the latest upgrades since we started using Opentype Fonts which are cross platform compatible.

4. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

You might also want to give FontLab a try. Fonts are just such a Pain in the Arssss. Love/Hate...Love/Hate...Love/Hate...Love/Hate.....aaaahhhhh, I do love'em.(kinda, <LOL!>)

~e