Potatoes or a Computer?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

"We found this mouse in a bottle of YOUR beer eh.":D

3. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

My friend bought a Packerd-Bell computer a long time ago. . . I swear it had to have potatoes for parts inside. In fact the sticker on the case said "Spuds Inside".

4. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I want to know what kind of argument he put up the first time? I mean what store, manufactuer, or wholesaler is going to accidently put potatos in a computer! :confused: He's got to be one fast talker.

;) Being a true Canadian and a pop-culture junkie it's good to see Bob & Doug Mackenzie quoted :D The fact that the mouse was alive and well scurring in the bottom of the stubby was hilarious.

5. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    if my G4 could make a fluffy baked potato, i'd be really happy. :)

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hey, that's one of my favorite movies of all time. And it was the first thing I thought of when I heard about this guy with his potato computer. I can just see him sitting there going "I have a friend who's a cop who said you have to give me a free computer. It's in the code eh"

7. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

That idiot got greedy the second time around. Always better to quit when you're ahead! ;)

8. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Just imagine the potential of the G5! If you opened up a packet of Ramen, mixed in the water, and stuck it behind a PowerMac G5, I wonder how long it would take for the Ramen to be ready to eat? :p

mmmm, potatoes. :D

9. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Well, it could have been true the first time. I remember when a shop here in Germany sold PCs. One customer bought it and found out that there only were bricks in it. Obviously, another one had bought it, put these bricks in and brought it back to get his money refunded. The poor guy bought exactly this package. He then got a new one, but he wasn't so dumb to try this, too.

So trying this again, was stupid and I don't believe there were two PCs full of potatoes.

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Human beings just can't seem to hold off their passion for greed. This guy was crazy. Once was more than enough. Hope that he will get what he has coming.

11. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

turn off the fan and use the heatsink as a heating plate? :eek:

we may be onto something here.. sales in Japan would skyrocket...

then the cupholder really would be useful.

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Why did he return it? As long as it surfs the web and opens your e-mail OK, who cares if it has potatoes and no computer parts inside? :)

13. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

hey, what would happen if you overclocked this baby?

would you get french fries?

(I'll go ahead and apologize for the dumb joke, but I won't retract it)

14. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

currently the G5 only supports whole potato or a hashbrown. I've heard of a case fan mod that will allow you to make mashed potatos, but i've not tested it.

15. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

you can make shoestring potatoes right on the case, you know... put a potato in front of it, give it a good kick, and let it cook for 10 minutes.

i thought this was pretty funny. we were returning something to walmart once, unopened, and the woman cut the box open and checked the contents... i asked her why, she said that they had someone bring in an air conditioner for return, when they opened the box later, it was full of bricks. i had to chuckle.

paul