Potential future iTMS problem

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by utilizer, Dec 28, 2003.

1. utilizer macrumors regular

We know the day of higher bitrate quality music files will be available for us to download soon as more and more users beg for it.
    But how will Apple allow for consumers who have already purchased music to download these higher quality songs?
    Could you imagine the bottlenecks on the day that this occurs?!

Call me crazy, but I think Apple will at first be forced to charge extra for the higher quality songs. Too bad...:(

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

how will Apple allow for consumers who have already purchased music to download these higher quality songs?

We all KNOW there is going to be a newer/better version of Windows soon...

We all KNOW there is going to be a newer/better version of Mac OS X soon...

We all KNOW there is going to be a newer/better version of the PowerMac G5 soon...

Apple will probably force you to buy it again, you after all went in with open eyes an bought x product and y price.

3. Independence macrumors regular

4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

From my understanding, 128 kbps AAC is pretty high quality as is, so it's not like you have to go out and buy 256 or 360 kbps AAC files to replace them in order to enjoy your music collection. I have plenty of music encoded with 128-192 as the average and they are pretty crisp and clear and sound awesome in my car sound system and home theater system.

5. AirWave macrumors newbie

<lurk mode off>

Hi there.

Perhabs Apple could do the same way as All Of MP3 does it. AOMP3 is a russian site (apparently legal....it the downloads are fine) with a slightly different selection of music.
    They offer both fixed as well as online encoding from 128 - 384kbit in various formats.

www.allofmp3.com

AirWave.