Potentially embarssing question

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by imahawki, Aug 5, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2011
    So, I've only had macs for a few months and I still see things that throw me for a loop... what the heck is the icon between magic prefs and time machine? When I click or right click it it just says synch now. Is this something I installed and don't know what program it belongs with????

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502a

Aug 27, 2010
  3. macrumors member

Nov 15, 2010
    It is MobileMe. BTW mine was in the process of syncing when I took the screenshot.

Check out System Preferences->MobileMe->Sync and you can turn off the icon at the bottom or just disable it entirely.

Attached Files:

4. macrumors 6502a

Mar 11, 2011
    In the preference panel you're referring to, I don't have any option but to log in. In order to remove the icon, I had to drag the icon out of the the menu bar (holding CMD while dragging and dropping outside of the bar; the icon disappears with a kinky-looking puff).
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2011
    Is it because I set up address book to sync with gmail? I haven't done that on my other Macs and I don't have that icon in the bar.
  6. macrumors 68000

Jan 21, 2008
    Melbourne, FL
    That Mobil Me thing was on my iMac since I've had it--until I learned that drag and drop routine. Just get rid of it.
  7. macrumors 6502

Oct 22, 2005
    Yes. Hold command and drag it off the menu bar if you want to get rid of it.
  8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2011
    Don't care about getting rid of it, I was just confused as I have an iMac and its not on it and I didn't install any synching program so I was like hey, where'd that come from! :D