Potentially silly question about watching MacWorld event live

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by someguy, Jan 8, 2006.

1. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Simply put: Can I?

I have absolutely no way of getting to MacWorld (and no idea how to get in anyways), but I would like to watch Jobs' presentation at the event live. Is there anyway to do this? Will it be available at Apple's website live or shortly following it's taking place?
    Damn, I borked the title.
    Thanks in advance for the info. :)

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I'm pretty sure that there are no live transmissions, however Apple always have the keynote up on their site pretty quickly. Keep an eye on MR too, because they have contacts at MWSF, and update the site with new info promptly.

3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

So, I'm sure you don't want to read 6 pages, but here's everything you want to know about MWSF, it's lack of live feed, and what many MRers* plan to do about it.

Link.

*That's MacRumorers -- not Misterers.

4. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

Thanks thedude110 and max_altitude. Looks like my best bet is to keep an eye on Apple.com.

Any ideas on why there would be no live feed? It would be nice to feel like I was there, along with every other Mac user with nothing better to do. :p ;)

5. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

It's all in the linked thread, but they basically keep it all quiet to create media hype.

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Someone said if you had access to an analog satellite dish there might be a way to pick it up, but I'm not sure... :confused:

7. liquidh2o macrumors 6502

Apple's been pretty good about posting a stream of the keynote after it's over.

8. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Just to warn you, once they post the keynote it is usally impossible to watch for at least a day since so many people are trying to access it.

They used to do live feeds, but I guess they wanted people to pay to see the keynote live instead. :rolleyes:

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

That's why I like being down here cause although the keynote starts at 4am local time, the apple.com.au site doesn't get hammered nearly as much and by the time I can get to the net café to watch the keynote it's late night in the US and the server's usually pretty good.

10. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Apple.com won't update til the end. The best way to find out about updates during the keynote is just go to the front page. MacRumors.com

We'll either post live updates or tell you where to see them.

arn