power adapter

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by derajfast, Jul 11, 2005.

1. derajfast macrumors 6502a

about a year and a half ago i bought a 15inch powerbook but no applecare or anything,,just standard 1 year warranty,,,,about 7 months after i bought it, my ac adapter stopped working and i couldnt get it plugged in to charge.....so i went to the apple store, they gave me a brand new one since it was under warranty...now, that adapter is doing hte same thing as the first and isnt working once again, but i dont have apple care and the computer is over warranty...is the adapter covered since its only 7months old though?

2. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

It may be. You should go back to that Apple store and explain the situation. If they have it on record that they replace the AC adapter 7 months ago, it would help your situation. Do you have any documentation regarding the replacement AC adapter? Otherwise, if you're really nice, they might just give you another adapter out of goodwill.

3. dcv macrumors G3

If the powerbook is out of warranty then I would guess that the adaptor is too. It might only be 7 months old because it was replaced, but that doesn't renew or extend the warranty - the warranty still dates back to your original purchase date, otherwise think about it... you could keep getting new parts every few months (this would be nice however!)

You could try to return it and see if they swap it for you again - they might just do it anyway, given that it's not a particularly expensive part and they don't have to book something in for repair. No harm in trying is there!