Power Book 128vram and Tiger. Help please

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Sundance Kid, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Sundance Kid macrumors regular

Sundance Kid

I'm going to be getting a pb pretty soon. Most people here say that i should get the 1.67Ghz so i can get the 128mb vram. Could i just get 64mb vram, then maybe, upgrade after a year or so? Just askin' cause the 1.5Ghz is impossible to upgrade.

Also, when Tiger comes around, could I borrow the cd from somebody else? Or is that impossible to do? I know poeple can do it with iLife 5.

thanks for your help!

2. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

The disk is only licensed to one computer. You cannot upgrade the v ram later down the road.

3. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

unless you do somewhat intensive graphics work/gaming, you don't really need the 128 MB card. if you have the money, by all means upgrade.

4. MacHarne macrumors 6502

It's certainly possible to do. It's also most certainly illegal.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

As is sharing your iLife '05 installation..

6. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

Unless you have a new logic board (and tons of do-it-yourself know how) then i don't expect the Video ram to be user upgradable.

kyle

7. Sundance Kid thread starter macrumors regular

Sundance Kid

oooooo..... that sorta sucks about the video card. Man... I was hoping i could upgrade in 2 years or so.... Oh well, i hope the 64 vram will be ok for 4 or five years.

How hard is it to get tiger from somebody else and put it on your computer? What do you have to do? You can't just put it in and presto its there right?

8. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I guess you aren't following, IT IS ILLEGAL. You are not allowed to discuss pirating in these forums.