Power Converter for iPod Use Overseas

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Warp Coil, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Warp Coil macrumors newbie

Nov 4, 2002
    MD, USA
    This may sound like a very simple question, but I'm wondering what sort of converter to get for my iPod. I'm going to England next week and plan to take my iPod with me. I know that I can't just plug it in to the wall outlet to recharge, since everything is different over there. You can buy converters that plug into their outlets... I figured I could do that. Any suggestions for what kind to get? And how much voltage? I know you can buy a whole set from Apple for around $40 but I'm not going to pay that much for something I might only use once.
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    I'm not sure about the iPod, but my iBook's power supply is auto-switching, so you plug it in anywhere and it automatically configures itself for the correct voltage and frequency. Presumably the iPods are similar, and you'll only need a "prong adapter" to change the plug configuration to the UK one. It'll probably be easier to get the adapter while you're over there.
  3. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

May 4, 2002
    Go Vegan
    The apple plug set should work with the iPod, I'd call them to make sure though. don't force the plug into the adapter, it migth break.