power cord for ibook?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by glitterfades, Dec 8, 2004.

1. glitterfades macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2004
    My boyfriend has an ibook - model A1005 and he losts his power cord when we were traveling a few weeks ago.. I would love to get him another one for xmas - which one is the right charger?
  2. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Jan 26, 2004
    If the iBook is a white model with 2 usb ports, then just buy an apple 65W AC adapter
  3. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Feb 16, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    just be forewarned that this will set you back $80+. found this out the hard way recently. :(
  4. glitterfades thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2004
    ok! thanks! :) I was afraid I'd buy the wrong one... learned the hard way already once when I bought a yo-yo one, was able to return it tho.
  5. Cybernanga macrumors regular

Oct 27, 2004
    Essex, United Kingdom
    If he travels…

I suggest an iGo Juice 70.

It works off Main's, and has a built in Car adaptor that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket, and even work in planes.

It also has interchangable "tips" so it can be used to power almost any laptop, and you can get an attachment that charges cell phones.

I have one and don't carry my apple power supply any more.

check out http://www.igo.com/Product_Detail.asp?ProductCode= MOB+PS0055-11

It's excellent for travelers :cool:
  6. glitterfades thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2004
    what's the difference between that and the 45? I see some on ebay and I'm so worried about getting the wrong one..

it's the white ibook A1005 - with dual usb ports
  7. glitterfades thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2004
  8. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    Compusa, they sell power cords for the white dual usb ibooks. Picked one up myself for the iBook that is in my sig when the power cord shorted out on me.