Power G4 book battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by foottuns, Aug 27, 2006.

1. foottuns macrumors newbie

foottuns

First I want to say hello to every one, I a new member on this forum second I have a question. I don't know how from where to start because I have look on the internet and I didn't find any answers, that's why I become a member here, maybe here I will have a answer.

Well my problem is with my battery, I have a powerbok g4 at 12 inch, the problem which I have with the battery is that is not charging more than 52 %, stays there but if I want to unplug the AC adaptor my mac shut down but on the tot of my status is show me that is on the battery not on the ac adaptor. I will add a pictures to see how is it.

I try to reset my PMU but with no luck because I dont know which series is my powerbook, on the mac support website I see series from 100 up to 5300, I have look on my mac and nothing no series, what I know is that A1010 series.

If any one can give me a clue please do because for 2 weeks I am trying to fix this. I want to know if will buy a new battery or not.

Attached Files:

2. khammack macrumors regular

Well, since you have a G4 Powerbook have you checked to see if you are included in the lastest battery recall? You may have a free battery coming from Apple.

Also, have you tried calibrating your battery? Follow this link to learn how:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86284

-kev

3. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

My MBP has done that before, mine never went that low before though, I just went on battery power for like 10 minutes, pugged it back in and then it charged normally. Weird.

4. foottuns thread starter macrumors newbie

foottuns

I have try the same thing but nothing, later it was stopping at 82% but I could use the battery without ce Ac, then it stop at 64 % and now at 52 % which in the end like I say if I will remove the Ac adaptor my mac shuts down.
    I will have a look on that document, thanks any way.

5. foottuns thread starter macrumors newbie

foottuns

about the calibrating thing I cannot do it, because if I will remove the AC adaptor my mac shuts down, he doesn't use the battery any more , even if is telling me that is on battery. I cannot recall a new battery because the battery was good, It has about 2 years and half and I didnt have any problems untyl now.

6. foottuns thread starter macrumors newbie

foottuns

no the battery drop at 51 % and still I have the AC adaptor plug in. Very wired thing.