Power Help Please!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by cmaracz88, Nov 27, 2004.

1. cmaracz88 macrumors member

For some reason my iBook just stopped charging a few hours ago. The apater ring is green when it's partially in but then as you push it in you hear a slight click and the light goes off, (the iBook doesn't charge either.) From the adapter there emits an on the beat click as well (not sure if that happens normally) when it's connected to the iBook. I've tried multiple outlets and taking the battery out btw. :(

Has anyone seen this? Does anyone have any ideas? I don't even know if it's likely the adapter or the iBook. I'd be very greatful for any help.

2. OryHara macrumors regular

I have an old 166 dell latitude that did the same thing. I have no idea why it stoped charging, i even have 3 bateries, none will charge.

i guess that dosnt help but atleast you know its not a "mac" only problem

3. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Is it still under warantee? Maybe the AC adapter is going. I lost an AC adapter for my TiBook that I bought 3 years ago. It wouldn't charge anymore when the cable got frayed, so I had to bend it to all sorts of weird angles. Eventually it didn't work at all, so I had to ditch it :mad: out of warantee, of course :mad: :mad:

4. cmaracz88 thread starter macrumors member

Mine is out of warantee too:(x.x