Power Mac G5 Hard Drive Screws and Optical Drive Standoffs

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by powerboy, Jul 7, 2006.

1. powerboy macrumors regular

Mar 15, 2004
    I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get the screws that go in the side of the hard drive and the standoffs (screws) for the bottom of the optical drive for a Power Mac G5.

The hard drive needs screws so it will slide into and sit in the case properly.
    I bought a Pioneer DVD drive to replace the original Sony SuperDrive. Apparently, there are different sized standoffs for Pioneer and Sony drives. With the Sony standoffs on the Pioneer drive, the tray scrapes the case when it ejects.

I didn't have any luck finding the screws or the standoffs at the Apple Store or CompUSA.
  2. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    Try www.macsales.com.

If you don't see it on their Web site, call and ask - I scored some HDD screws that way. :)
  3. powerboy thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 15, 2004
  4. Jehr macrumors newbie

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
  5. brisbaneguy29 macrumors 6502

Nov 27, 2007
    Stupid question, maybe, but you do know there are spares on the inside of the case? Apple supplies spares with the machine for installing a second hard drive. I only ask because you don't actually say you lost them or they are missing, so I was wondering if you knew that some are screwed to the inside chassis.

I am not sure about the stand offs for the optical drive.