Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4tified

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
No, this isn't a "How do I turn this thing on?" question... I have 2 Power Macintoshes...(5400/120 and the other a 550/225). When I plug them up and flip the "on" switch, you can hear a click sound and then the sound of the Screen getting power, but no hard drive noise or lights or display or anything else. Both these systems do the exact same thing and I've checked the fuses for the power supplies, which are both good. Can anyone think or suggest maybe what this might be? I don't have an extensive amount of experience in Macintoshes. Thanks so much for your help.
-Edward-

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
Hmm I don't know if the Power Macintoshes you speak of are old enough for this but... there should be a button on the keyboard with a sideways triangle (almost like a play symbol), try pressing that. It sounds like you are powering up the system but to actually boot it you have to push this button (or there will be one on the front of the system somewhere).

4tified

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benjamindaines said:
Hmm I don't know if the Power Macintoshes you speak of are old enough for this but... there should be a button on the keyboard with a sideways triangle (almost like a play symbol), try pressing that. It sounds like you are powering up the system but to actually boot it you have to push this button (or there will be one on the front of the system somewhere).

Haha, holy crap, I figured that out right before I cam back to this post... I was out of ideas so I just pushed that button and voila, it came up. It's usually right after I post that I need help that I find the answer 5 minutes later without needing a response. Thanks alot though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.