Power Mac now or better to wait til September?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by DesignIt, Aug 2, 2005.

1. DesignIt macrumors member

Aug 2, 2005
    Are there going to be any powerbook updates in september?
  2. macmanmatty macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2005
    I have calculated my velocity so precisely that a
    Yes, They will make them bigger, Quad core 3.6 GHz G6 processors, have 30" screens, made out of steel 4 GB DDR2 Ram standard (upgradable 120 GB), have a 30 TB 15,000 RPM harddrive, 6 PCI-X slots, two XTR Slots, 2 Quad layer dual side DVD Burners, Bluetooth 3.0, Airport 2x, 3 DVI out Ports powered by the Raedon X2000XT with 2GB VRAM and over 20 fire wire and usb ports

I can't wait to get my6 hands on one of these come september. :D Man only a few more years. :rolleyes:
  3. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2005
    Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
    Should I go off of your post, or the title of your thread?

I do think powerBOOK updates are right around the corner, September at the latest.

Powermac's on the other hand are sort of hard to gauge. I would imagine they'll be getting these new IBM dual-core processors, but information as to when that might be is hard to come by. I'm no expert, but historical averages indicate it won't be until LATE this year, or early next year. Confusing things a little is the fact that shipping times have gone up to 2-3 weeks for the high-end powermacs.

P.S. There are MANY other threads already related to updates of both of these products.
  4. DesignIt thread starter macrumors member

Aug 2, 2005
    Oops sorry. I meant to refer only to powerbooks. Thanks for your responses! =)
  5. iDM macrumors 6502a

Jul 6, 2005
    The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    My suggestion whenever buying a Mac, if it is a concern whether or not it will be updated is to wait as long as you can. If you need it for a work commitment, or for school or something then wait till the middle of August, if its for pleasure or whatever what until at least the MacExpo in Paris which is in Sept.