Power Management temporary fix MBP+XP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by JDM DC2R, Aug 15, 2006.

1. JDM DC2R macrumors newbie

Greetings,

Many of you all with MBP's with XP loaded with Bootcamp must have the very same problem I did. The screensaver, power management, and hybernation would never work correctly.

However, I did come across some a temporary fix for this, however you will have to use a usb powered mouse since the trackpad will be disabled.

The problem was the MBP trackpad is what was causing this power management failure. All you have to do is disable this trackpad, and by doing so your power management should work like a charm.
    To do so:

Start>Settings>Control Panel
    Click on "Mouse"
    Click on "Hardware" tab
    Click on "HID-compliant mouse" (there should be two of them)
    disable the first one, and press "no" when it asks to restart.
    check to see if your trackpad is working... if so then re-enable the one you disabled and try to disable the next "HID-compliant mouse."

I read that the second one down is the one you should disable, but for me it was the first one down.

There you go... screen savers, hybernation, monitor off after x minutes, etc.
    cheers:D

2. vv-tim macrumors 6502

Windows properly recognizes the trackpad as an Apple Trackpad w/ BootCamp 1.1 but screwed up my Intellimouse Explorer... :/