Power of Craigslist!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nicolle19, Feb 16, 2007.

1. nicolle19 macrumors member

My gf wanted a nano for vday but i didnt think that she needed one. I have a 30 gig that has plenty of storage for songs on it. My thought was that she could download songs and use it anytime she wanted too. So I just got her a gift card to itunes for some songs. Boy was I wrong. She wanted her own pod so via craigs I found a brand new pink nano 4gig for $150 USD. I saved 60 bucks and hopefully I can redeem myself.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i've been fortunate enough not to date someone who expected gifts on valentine's day. i absolutely hate it when people feel like they're owed presents.

3. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

craigslist is definitely a nice alternative to the costs and fees of ebay, though ebay is amazing, but you always have to watch out for scammers. my friend almost got scammed for her PS3 last week. gotta be careful.

otherwise, craigslist holds something for everyone. yes, even THAT. ;)

4. danny_w macrumors 601

I got my iPod nano from craigslist shortly after they were announced (within a month anyway). I only paid $200 for a black 4gb that would have been $250+tax in the store (if you could even find one). It was flawless and has worked perfectly ever since. I use craigslist a lot, but always insist on meeting in person in a public spot.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yeah let's think. You expect her to use your stuff but you'll be happy to buy her some tunes? At least you saved $60 bucks but seriously...you should have gotten her the nano in the first place! bad dog no bone! :) :)

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

That was my feeling too, but I do also agree with the comment that it's wrong to expect gifts on Valentine's Day.

Anyway, hopefully she enjoys the nano and you're out of the doghouse. :)