Power Point Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ebook, Jul 25, 2004.

1. ebook macrumors 6502

I have a couple of questions about using power point with my G3 500 mhz iBook. First of all is it possible to set it up so you can look at the computer monitor and see the upcoming slides while the screen is showing the correct current slide? Also, if that is possible how do I do that, and how do I hook it up to the projector? Right now I'm just using the cord that comes with the iBook and hooking it up to the video-in and rca jacks on the front of the VCR. It works, but I would like to be able to use the other possibilities.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The iBook only supports video mirroring, which means that all screens will show the same picture. I believe that there's a hack which can get around this, but I have never tried it.

3. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

Hack???

Does anyone know where I can find this hack, and how I would set things up in Powerpoint? Thanks for the help.

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

here is the link

This is the webpage to go to, it shows you how to do the hack:

http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html

My only worry for you it that your iBook might not handle the hack. It says on the page that any iBooks with an ATI graphics card might die. I had a 500 mhz iBook, so I'm assuming you have the same graphics card as I did, which was an 8mb ATI card. All I can say is read the article and decide for yourself. Good Luck!!

5. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

hack

I would not recommend using the firmware hack with a 500 MHz iBook. It causes problems with the Rage-based iBooks. Please read all of the documentation before applying the hack.

Daniel

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

why don't you just print the slides 6 or 9 on a pages, or do what i do memorize them.