Power Point wont open

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by umrdad, Jun 23, 2006.

1. umrdad macrumors member

Dec 13, 2005
    I am a umr student and have a group power point presentation due today and other members of my group have sent their power point slides to make a new presentation because i am a mac user and it will not open them it just tells me that power point has unexpedetly shut down and no other applications were bothered i am using mac power point v.X
  2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Apr 27, 2006
    What kind of Mac are you using? Intel/PPC, Memory, CPU, Line

Have you updated your office software recently? You should consider getting an updated version of office.

If you need something else in a pinch, you can try to open the files with OpenOffice for Mac. You'll need to have X11 installed.

3. dpaanlka macrumors 601

Nov 16, 2004
    What method or medium are you using to transfer the files to your classmates?

I often use Office 98 on OS 7.6 and my classmates running Office XP or whatever the latest is can open my files just fine, so Office X itself shouldn't be a problem.
  4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    I had the same problem a while back and discovered it was a corruption with having DivX, 3ivX and Flip4Mac installed. I uninstalled the first two and Office has been working perfectly ever since. :)