Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chosenwolf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Hi guys, I have the iPod USB Adapter for Apple. It is rated 100-240v. My question is, will I be fine charging my PSP with it using the USB connection? I tried plugging it in and the PSP seems to be charging fine.

LMK, thanks!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
wickedG35 said:
Hi guys, I have the iPod USB Adapter for Apple. It is rated 100-240v. My question is, will I be fine charging my PSP with it using the USB connection? I tried plugging it in and the PSP seems to be charging fine.

LMK, thanks!
It aint the INPUT voltage that is important, it's the OUTPUT voltage.
If it is USB, then presumably both conform to the 5V USB standard. But Adaptor swapping is risky business.

chosenwolf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Los Angeles
CanadaRAM said:
It aint the INPUT voltage that is important, it's the OUTPUT voltage.
If it is USB, then presumably both conform to the 5V USB standard. But Adaptor swapping is risky business.

I hear ya, I am worried since appliances/electronic devices can fry instantly. Since both are USB and I'm using a North American Power Outlet (110v), I'm fine here. I'm just worried when I go to the UK...

chosenwolf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Also, will charging work if I use my iPod cable to charge my iPod through a computer's USB port in Europe? (They use 230v input).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.