Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solaris7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
I thought they were supposed to start shipping today? Was I too late in placing my order?

smf72

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Nothing here yet and ordered 3/30/11, I am sure they are just going through the orders

Ljwinter

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I really want to order them but I'm not sure which one to get. I love the clarity of the screen and I don't want to kill it with the anti-glare. I've had both versions for my phone..I'm just not sure which to use on my iPad. :mad::confused:

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Not yet - also ordered 03/31 early in the morning

I ordered the PS HD anti-glare at 6:48am on the 31st (at least that's when the order confirmation came in). The charge is still "pending" on my American Express and no notice.

I wrote that I hadn't and then 30 minutes later the shipping notice arrived, so they are going out today.

Last edited:

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Do the Apple retail stores still carry screen protectors or cases? I want to check out the PS Touch cases in person.
Where else can you buy Power Support items in a store?
Frys? I don't think Best Buy sells em.

HazChem

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2006
I've yet to see any Apple Stores in San Antonio carry iPad screens. They seem to only carry anti-glare screens now and only for iPhones and iPods.

They also only have Smart Covers for the iPad 2. They do have some 3rd party cases for the iPad 1.

Zodiak

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Gatineau, Qc, Canada
I really want to order them but I'm not sure which one to get. I love the clarity of the screen and I don't want to kill it with the anti-glare. I've had both versions for my phone..I'm just not sure which to use on my iPad. :mad::confused:

The Crystal Clear one is like having no screen protector at all on it, in fact you will forget its even there or woudnt know it was. However it does still collect all the dust, lint, greese and prints from your fingers, cases and covers. It looks awesome but aslong as your anywhere outside with even mid light and no shade, forget about it.

The Anti-glare gives you both anti-glare and resistance to oil and print buildup from your fingers alot with less noticable with dust and lint. As far as the clarity goes, SGP and Power Support are 2 of the big names when it comes to screen protectors. I used to have the Power Support for the iPad 1 and did not know about Power Support at the time. There are currently multiple comparisons of the two screens displaying images, colors, text and graphics in threads in this forum and Power Support is the winner hands down. For its clarity and quality, the only competition it has is itself, with the Crystal Clear. It's definatly the one to chose in my opinion at least.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/921023/

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
Ordered mine on 4/4, and just got email notification that my order is shipping today.

josun

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
Same here. Just got a shipping notice. I can't say they have the best crystal clear screen protector but i'm most definitely sure that they have the best AG screen protector. Can't wait!

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Mine has shipped. That is, they transmitted shipping info to USPS and undoubtedly charged my card.

solaris7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Noooo!!!!

Still not shipped, I wanted it tomorrow! Now I can't unbox the ipad until monday!

kfscoll

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2009
Still not shipped, I wanted it tomorrow! Now I can't unbox the ipad until monday!

What?! That's completely insane. Just be careful with it (you don't even have to be that careful and your screen will be fine. Heck, even if you do scratch the screen, you won't be able to see it once the screen protector is installed.

Man, and I thought I had OCD. :rolleyes:

ctsoxfan

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2011

This is crazy. I have the Power Support anti-glare film on my iPhone 4, and I love it (and had the same on my 3G and 3GS). You really need a screen protector on your phone, because of the way the phone travels everywhere with you. I even throw my iPhone in my pocket, or briefcase - with no worries.

The iPad, on the other hand, really shouldn't need a screen protector. That's partially why Apple pulled them from their stores. Unless you are planning on seriously traveling with the iPad, this seems like an unnecessary expense that actually detracts from the beautiful screen. I've had my iPad 2 screen "naked" since launch day, and it looks awesome. An occasional wipe to rid fingerprints is all you need. Get a smart cover and call it a day.

smf72

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Literally just got my shipping for my order fedex overnight, 6 Antiglare ordered on 3/30/11. We have 10 ipad 2 in my office. Just got the fedex number at 4:35 pm EST

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.