Power Support USA preorders up

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by stealthmode29, Mar 30, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Hi everyone, just a heads up, preorders are up for the BEST screen protector for your IPAD2. Just ordered my Crystal Clear- est shipping is 4/7. Finally geez!

2. macrumors regular

NewYorkRanger

$20 shipping to Canada, $68 for express, that is a joke.

Dear Power Support, please enter the 21st century and charge reasonable shipping rates.

3. DTF
    macrumors member

Yes! HD Anti-Glare pre-ordered. These really are the best out there.

4. macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

Any ideas of the apple stores will carry these when they come out?

5. thread starter macrumors member

Apple stores used to carry the Ipad 1 Screen protectors and then later on phased them out. I still do see PS for iphones but never again did I see the Ipad ones. I had to pay the rape shipping last year too. Unfortunately the product is that good. BTW I'm referring to Apple Fifth Ave in NYC.

6. macrumors regular

bluebermuda

7. macrumors member

8. macrumors member

9. macrumors member

Order placed for HD anti-glare, I'm in Canada and agree with crazy shipping fees :D

10. macrumors regular

bluebermuda

11. macrumors 6502a

12. macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

13. macrumors newbie

Yay! I wonder when they will have it in their retail store? For those of you in the So. Cal. area, they have a store in Burbank and will install it for you. For a klutz like me, so worth it! Last time I did my iphone 4 front back and iPad, guess I gotta drive there again for the iPad 2!

14. macrumors member

Anyone have pics of one of these installed on an iPad 1 since they are not available yet for an iPad 2.

Trying to see what all the hype is on the PS screen protectors.

15. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

Yeah, great. They charge more but give free shipping. I'll stick with the manufacturer.

16. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

It's not hype, they are the best, period.

17. macrumors member

Says who, you? Are you basing this off of facts or your opinion? Not looking to start a flame war but your statement above is no different then me saying a PB&J is better than Filet Mignon.

Until today, I've never heard of PS protectors but I'm open to testing one out to decide if "in my opinion" they are better than what I currently have. Based on a previous conversation I had in another thread, I think I may agree that PS is better than what I have "Zagg" but I can't state factually that it's the BEST.

Have a good one.

18. bluebermuda, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011

macrumors regular

bluebermuda

What is wrong with you? J&R charges exactly the same price as powersupport for the powersupport crystal plus they offer free shipping. With respect to the powersupport HD Anti-Glare Film, powersupport has had this listed for weeks @ $34.95 as a "coming soon product". Obviously, now that it has been released for pre-order they changed their minds and decide to price the HD Anti-Glare Film @ $29.95. J&R has simply not updated the pricing for the HD Anti-Glare Film. Call them and they will adjust the price.

Or better yet, please order direct from the manufacturer, overpay and be a patsy. You will make my day.

19. bluebermuda, Mar 30, 2011

macrumors regular

bluebermuda

You obviously are not a connoisseur of screen protectors, especially if you own a third rate product such as Zagg. It is well established among knowledgeable and informed individuals that powersupport is by far the best screen protector money can buy.

20. macrumors member

Obviously.........:rolleyes:

21. macrumors regular

22. gigaguy, Mar 30, 2011

macrumors 6502a

I had PS antiglare on my iPhones and my iPad1. they are good, but this year I balk at their prices. To me, not worth it. I guess I'd rather pour cash into good cases and the iPad itself. I see they dropped their price back to last year's price $30, they had $35 on there til now.
    At least they are not Zaggs, those sticky tacky things sold tons thru their Best Buy exposure. I'd rather have a scratched screen than have a Zagg near my iPad.
    As far as hype, I heard a lot of that about Zagg too in the past. PS is definitely much better. I'm just saying I think there are other reasonably priced good alternatives, for me, anyway. Just takes some work to find. Zagg had popularity and now PS is riding the wave.
    Enjoy it if you get one. I'm starting to really love the iPad screen's smooth as glass feel, but it's more limited outside here in TX with no anti-glare on. hmm.

23. macrumors 6502a

They only do UPS... They use to do regular USPS mail for really cheap. Sad to see that they dropped the cheaper options

24. macrumors member

So I take it that you have tried all the screen protectors out there to have come to the conclusion?

25. macrumors newbie

I have heard great things about power support... I'm don't know what to choose the AG or the clear...does the AG really cut down on the finger prints compared to the clear.. Can you still wipe it with a lens cloth to get out the fingerprints that do show?

One last question.. I've also heard good things about the moshi screen protectors.. How do these compare? I'm not looking to start a war between the two brands, just curious ... I have not seen the moshi mentioned much in this forum..

Thanks in advance for all of your help and opinions..

This is my first apple device and I'm loving it.. iPad 2 32gb black..

On a side note .. I went out today and bought an iPad 1 for my 5 year old daughter.. Before you all think I've lost it ... She has autism and there are some awesome apps that that can actually turn the device into a speech communication tool.. Hopefully this helps her to communicate..