Powerbook 1.5 12" HD???

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Anawrahta, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Anawrahta macrumors member

Can someone please confirm for me what the stock hard drive was for the Powerbook 1.5Ghz 12" that was released in January of this year? That is to say NOT the new 12" with the 80GB drive...but I think it was a 60GB? I'm not sure but if someone could let me know exactly the type of HD, speed, capacity and manufacturer I'd be greatful! Thanks.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Check out MacTracker. It's a cool little app that tells you all sorts of things about Macs, past and present.

Apparently it was a 5400RPM 60GB drive, with the option to upgrade the size to 80GB or even 100GB. :)

3. California macrumors 68040

California

Uh, no way of telling manufacturer of hd unless you go to MORE INFO on ABOUT THIS MAC menu and click on ata devices and then it will tell you.

There is no stock hd in pbs or ibooks or any Apple -- either they come oem with Hitachi, Toshiba or Fujistu from my experience.

The 12" pb shipped in Jan with a stock 60gig 5400rpm hd and you would have to do your homework on a specific machine to determine manufactuer.

4. iCeQuBe macrumors regular

I have a 12" PB bought about 10 months ago. It has a 80 Gig 5400 RPM drive. The PB's with SuperDrive came with 80 Gig Drives and the Combo Drive PB's came with 60 Gig. Hope this helps. Oh and My Hard Drive brand is a fujitsu.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

yeah I think the 12'' 1.5 Ghz that is out now, it the same as the one that came out in January. It didnt see updates with the 15 & 17 got theirs.

6. Anawrahta thread starter macrumors member

Cool, I had never heard of the program but it is excellent for what I'm doing. Thanks for your help. Thanks to everyone else too!