Powerbook 12" Battery Exchange Program

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by orijinal, Sep 15, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

orijinal

Hi,

During the week of August 23rd, I sent in a request for this battery exchange on my Powerbook. It qualified, and I received the replacement battery within a couple days.

Unfortunately, the battery did not include a return label, so I had to get a special shipping request from Apple and had to give their account number on DHL so I wouldn't be charged for it. That weekend, DHL picked up my battery.

Now, what I am asking is how can I check if they received my battery or not? I don't remember when I first applied for this exchange if it required me to fill in a creditcard number or not... Because, when I had called, the service rep told me that I could either throw out the battery, or send it in with the apple account number through DHL. I remember reading that if the battery didn't qualify, or something like that, that I would be charged.

The rep told me that I would receive an e-mail regarding the battery later on, but it's been a few weeks now and I haven't heard anything.

I called up apple support but they weren't able to help me, and gave me the service repair number -- 800-320-3728, but that number doesn't help me because I don't have any numbers to enter in on that number. I only have the order number that I first received when applying for the exchange.

Any ideas??? I don't want to be charged for this battery!

2. macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I would just keep checking your account to see if they charge you. If they do then call them and get it sorted.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

Hmm, after doing some digging, apparently this is the form that I filled out:

[​IMG]

No spot for credit card...

does this mean that I won't get charged? or is my serial number linked to the credit card at purchase... A relative had purchased the powerbook for me as a gift, will he get charged?

Thoughts?

4. dcv
    macrumors G3

Oh wow I'd completely forgotten about this... it must be almost a year since I sent my battery back and I never heard any more about it. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you and no you won't be charged anything.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

so once you sent it back, apple didn't confirm that they had received your old battery or anything? sounds kind of shady.

i actually got lucky on this. my battery was holding around 5% battery health, when i stumbled on the recall info. i remember reading about it a summer ago, but kept putting it off.

i'm really just worried because the lady had said that there *was* a chance i would be charged, and the fact that i had to return the battery by different means (since the return label wasn't in my box) made me a little more wary.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

followup:

well, i finally got a competent apple service rep. she said that if i didn't receive any notice via e-mail (after receiving the replacement) telling me that i needed to send in my battery, they had already received it (since it has been more than 10 days from the date of receiving the battery).

hopefully this is true. i made sure to get the rep's name and reference number for the call...

thanks for the insight too, quarter + dcv!