Powerbook 12" takeapart pics :)

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by Giaguara, Dec 20, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502a

Nov 22, 2002
    I & my friend took apart yesterday my 12" Powerbook, and I could imagine some of you guys might want to see some pics of it ... :p

Powerbook 12" takeapart pictures

So basically, now it has a 80 GB harddrive (5400 rpm), a superdrive (instead of the combo before) and 1,25 GHz RAM (instead of the previous) ... sweeeeeeeet!

Everything fit back in, no scrwes of cables etc were left over, and it works fine. Installed OS X there, and today setting up the rest of my preferences to how I want them, as well installing some more apps .. Impressive, I have now 4 partitions on my 12" Powerbook ... :D
  2. macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001
    I did the same with mine but I got upset to see so many screws!!! To change the hard drive take so long compared with the old Powerbooks Pismos.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nov 22, 2002
    Oh yes .. I could imagine it not be very enjoyable for those who take apart their first laptop. But it was fun .. I think it took like 1,5 hours to take it apart and put it back in. :D
  4. macrumors 68040

Jul 10, 2004
    New Orleans / Lafayette, La
  5. macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i will do that once 120 gb laptop hard drives are more readily available :)

but im full n my 60 and rely on an external now :( sigh
  6. macrumors 6502a

Nov 13, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    everytime i do something like that i realize i have a few too many extra screws at the end. hope you had better luck