Powerbook 12" to TV, take 10000.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by deputy_doofy, Jun 8, 2006.

1. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

Here's the deal. About 4-5 years ago, I had an iBook G3 12". The cable
    i used to connect the iBook was a white cable with a 1/8" stereo jack on one end, which plugged into the iBook's earphone jack, and 3 color-coded jacks on the other end (RCA cables, I believe), which went into the corresponding color-coded ports on most TV's, VCR's, etc.
    When I did that, it mirrored the laptop monitor but displayed DVD's extremely well.

Now I want to do the same thing with my PB 12", but that wire does not work. All I get is sound, but never any video, no matter what I try. I'm assuming that the earphone jack in the Powerbook does not send out some kind of video signal like the iBook did, so what kind of connector do I need? Is it something that will connect to the mini-dvi port instead?

Thanks.

2. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

That is correct. The headphone jack is sound only. Apple sells a mini-DVI to RCA (might be s-video) cable that you are supposed to use.

3. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

If it's an older PowerBook you'll need this adaptor (mini VGA)
    A newer one you'll need this one (DVI) and you'll have to use the mini DVI to DVI adaptor that should have came with your 12" PB
    And then of course the S-video or composite cables

Note: links are in Canadian $

4. deputy_doofy thread starter macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

Appreciate your answers. I have a rev. b G4 Powerbook 12" (1GHz). I'll have to double check, but I think it's mini-dvi...

5. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Yeah, I think the last mini-VGA was 867 MHz

**EDIT**
    Yup, the 1GHz is a mini-DVI. apple link