PowerBook 12''

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by maradong, Jun 24, 2003.

1. macrumors 65816

maradong

hiya all,
    just got 2 final questions:
    I read on the Apple site that the DVI - ADC adapter lets the 15 + 17'' Powerbook connect to cinema displays... Isn t it possible to connect a 12'' Powerbook eventually to an Cinema Display?

Anybody got a link for the manual ( pdf format ) of the apple site for the 12'' Powerbook ? I got one for the 17'' But would like to throw a look at the 12'' Manual as well.

TIA

2. macrumors 65816

benixau

NO. 12" only does VGA.
    You can get a VGA -> DVI and then use apples ADC -> DVI but this is an unsupported method.
    Or you can get a VGA -> ADC box but these are expensive and again, unsupported.
    Unsupported?? Yeah, if you damage something apple goes "Toooo bad. shoulda got a PB15" or PB17". Ha ha."

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

maradong

what about the address for the manual ?

4. macrumors 65816

benixau

i got a pmg4. I have looked over the pb12 and asked the same questions myself.

i want a pbook for keynote presentations you see so spanning is very very important to me.

basically to get the manual you are gooing to need someone who has 10mins and a pb12. I wil see if i can get one from the local store's pb12. wish me luck and good luck to you in getting the pdf.

5. macrumors newbie

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

maradong

7. macrumors 6502

MacBoyX

The 12" PB can span to another VGA Monitor or VGA Projector, just not to an Apple Cinema Display.

MacBoyX