Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maradong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 7, 2003
Luxembourg
hiya all,
just got 2 final questions:
I read on the Apple site that the DVI - ADC adapter lets the 15 + 17'' Powerbook connect to cinema displays... Isn t it possible to connect a 12'' Powerbook eventually to an Cinema Display?

Anybody got a link for the manual ( pdf format ) of the apple site for the 12'' Powerbook ? I got one for the 17'' But would like to throw a look at the 12'' Manual as well.

TIA

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
NO. 12" only does VGA.
You can get a VGA -> DVI and then use apples ADC -> DVI but this is an unsupported method.
Or you can get a VGA -> ADC box but these are expensive and again, unsupported.
Unsupported?? Yeah, if you damage something apple goes "Toooo bad. shoulda got a PB15" or PB17". Ha ha."

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
i got a pmg4. I have looked over the pb12 and asked the same questions myself.

i want a pbook for keynote presentations you see so spanning is very very important to me.

basically to get the manual you are gooing to need someone who has 10mins and a pb12. I wil see if i can get one from the local store's pb12. wish me luck and good luck to you in getting the pdf.

MacBoyX

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2003
East Coast, USA
Originally posted by benixau
i got a pmg4. I have looked over the pb12 and asked the same questions myself.

i want a pbook for keynote presentations you see so spanning is very very important to me.

basically to get the manual you are gooing to need someone who has 10mins and a pb12. I wil see if i can get one from the local store's pb12. wish me luck and good luck to you in getting the pdf.

The 12" PB can span to another VGA Monitor or VGA Projector, just not to an Apple Cinema Display.

MacBoyX

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.