PowerBook 15" sleep light and backlit keyboard issues

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by whatshesaid, Aug 6, 2004.

1. whatshesaid macrumors newbie

Aug 6, 2004
    I've had my 15" PB G4 for less than a month now, and it seems that the sleep light lights up in a completely random fashion while the computer is on. This problme has only occured recently. Sometimes, it is on continuously, and other times, it seems likes its doing morse code. Othertimes, it just doesn't light. When I put the computer to sleep, the light works fine, glowing dimmer and brighter as it should during sleep mode. Has anyone else noticed this problem, and if so, how would I go about fixing it?

Also, the backlit keyboard seems to have stopped functioning, although I think the issue is tied to the light sensor, as the display no longer automatically adjusts itself to ambient light conditions. This is also a recent problem, as the ALS worked when I got the computer. I've tried troubleshooting by fiddling with the settings in Displays and Keyboard/Mouse in System Preferences, but to no avail.

Any clue on how to solve my grievances?
  2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    Have warranty repair done. This isn't the first time I've heard of backlit keyboard issues, and Apple will certainly fix it (assuming you bought it new and it's still under warranty). If you have an Apple Store nearby, take it to them, it's the easiest way...