Powerbook 15" Superdrive Refurb Unpacking Pictures

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by rsgunther, Mar 1, 2004.

1. rsgunther macrumors newbie

Here is a link to my pictures (on my .MAC homepage) of my new 15" G4 1.25GHZ Superdrive Powerbook. It is a refurb unit, and I took pictures of the unpackaging process.

http://homepage.mac.com/rsgunther/PhotoAlbum3.html

However, I have some BAD news. There are 2 problems with the unit. The right shift key doesn't work all the time. It works only occasionally. Also, the bottom part of the aluminum case is slighly misaligned. This is directly by the Superdrive slot. It looks like the case isn't "snapped" together properly. I called Applecare and they are sending out a box - I will send it back to get these 2 issues repaired.

I will keep everyone posted how long the repairs take. Overall, I am impressed with the refurb, excellent packaging and etc. I just got a bum unit, but this can happen when buying a refurb. If you want perfection, spend the extra $500.00 for a brand new unit. Or buy a refurb and get the issues repaired.

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

refurb isn't bad

refurbs are not usually bad like yours was. You have to ask, why would a company send a product out that had a button not working and the case is messed up a bit. Apple would not intentionally do that so I would say a techy wasn't looking hard enough, you get in the zone type thing and you miss the small flaws, when he was doing his work to make the lap top ready to be sold again. But Apple is taking care of it so its all good for 500 less.

3. neut macrumors 68000

neut

my 17" refurb is almost flawless:

[​IMG]

i've bought 2 refurb. units so far with no problems. great buys too.

<edit> now that i think about it. it came in a new box... not the brown refurb. box. interesting, wonder if they're just clearing inventory.

peace.