powerbook 15", to buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ThomasM, Jan 6, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2006
    Hi everyone!

i have been thinking of buying a powerbook for quite some time, and now i have finally gotten so far that i have one layed off at a macstore in a town i will be visiting tomorrow.since im based in norway, they are quite expensive, general price is about $2300 with student discount for a 15" pb.
    i will either buy one tomorrow or wait for the intel pb version.
    could someone please hand over some good tips ? i honestly dont know what to do, buy one now or wait for the new models.

i am currently on a 1,73ghz,1gb pc 4200,gf6600go, 15"4 laptop.
    reasons for switching: i love my ipod and i love the powerbook design, i spent some time with os x when i was in the military for 1year, i grew quite fond of it. i will be selling my portable pc, so basicly i will be paying around $1000 for the powerbook.

20-25% smaller, faster, slightly cheaper, better battery life and less heat does sound very tempting
  2. macrumors member

Nov 30, 2005
    There are numerous threads that deal with this same question in the forum, I suggest sorting through them, they have some good points and ideas and because there are so many there is a variety of different perspectives:)
  3. macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    of my hand will get me slapped.
    Not!! We are only days from MacWorld. Wait and see what happens!!
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2006
    yeah i know, i spent some time reading threads in the last 5-6 pages.
    just wanted to create a similar topic so that someone could push me in the right direction.
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2006
    aye,probably the best idea.
    hope there will be some news for when it will be launched.