Powerbook 15" & Various Warping

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Unnamed1, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Unnamed1 macrumors member

Just wondered if anyone on here has had any problems with warping but more specifically the grill warping on the 15 inch version?

The part I am talking about is the area at the back of the keyboard where it connects the base to the screen.

In here there are two grills on top of each other and my top grill seems to be warping out slightly above the f7 key.

I noticed this two days after I got the thing and it's only been used to surf the net and email at the mo.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it worth taking it back?

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. xFU3Lx macrumors member

3. Unnamed1 thread starter macrumors member

how long have you had it and how bad is it?

im trying to see if its worth taking this back over? :)

Anyone else have this too?

4. lezer23 macrumors newbie

Same

I have the same problem. Directly above the F7. It really annoyes me when I look at it. I guess its a problem with the design of the 15". I wonder if the 12 or 17 do the same?

5. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I seem to be one of the people with the slight spacing above the optical drive on my 15" i've read about other people and seen pictures, but mine is not nearly as bad, in fact probably not even noticeable to someone staring directly at it, but anal me notice it.

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Hey, mine has a slight bulge there too...never noticed it before. My PB was purchased January 31st...

7. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

It would seem that I've got it too - thank you so much for pointing it out :rolleyes: :mad:

8. Unnamed1 thread starter macrumors member

sorry :( I felt the same way when i saw it, i was gutted :(

could everyone else reading this have a quick look too? :)

I'm thinking that if it's a general problem then, taking it all the way back to the apple store may be a waste of time if it's going to happen again

Cheers for all the replies so far

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Based on the replies, I think it's safe to say that's a general issue...no sense trying get Apple to do anything about. It's a cosmetic flaw that many of us had never even noticed before.

10. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I've had my 15" G4 1.67 since it was released and there is no warping of the case here at all.

11. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

12. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

can some1 post pics of all these warped PB's ?? im getting kinda scared...

13. xFU3Lx macrumors member

Well, its about 5 months old, but recently got owned because of water damage. I took it apart and noticed it. Its pretty wavy all along it.

14. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

My 12" PowerBook warped there, but my 15" is warping right around the power adapter port. Sometimes it charges, sometimes not. Kind of a bitch to grab my PowerBook and head to school anly to find the battery at 5%. Eh. Need to call AppleCare and get a replacement.

15. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I am not going to look at it on my PBs as I have been using them as the clam shell mode with ACDs. Before I put them into the clam shell mode, I have not noticed any warpage. If this is the design-related issue, then, it is more than likely my PBs may have the same blemish (But, I would prefer not to find it out).

16. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

There is no warping on my 15" PB....Thank God!