Powerbook 150

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by radioyears, Mar 13, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

radioyears

i have a powerbook 150 , how can i connect to the internet, i have a cable modem , what can i do?

2. macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

a cable modem? i haven't had a modem in forever, but I assume you can just use an ethernet cable?

or is the problem that the computer is really old? I'm not familiar with older mac's.

3. macrumors 68000

Since you have no modem, no ethernet, and no USB, you are pretty much out of luck. It's an 11 year old computer and a lot has changed since 1995.

4. macrumors 6502a

Dialup:
    If the powerbook has an internal modem then you can use dial up. Otherwise you could get an external serial modem and a mac serial to rs232 cable.

Ethernet:
    If you can track down a SCSI to Ethernet adapter or a LocalTalk to Ethernet adapter with the right drivers then you can connect to a ethernet network. Then you would need a home router between the cable modem and the powerbook.

5. macrumors 68040

California

I had my old 145b Powerbook online on Prodigy for a while in 1995/96. Dial up. Also fax modem thingie. Can't remember what it all was and how it was hooked up; but i WAS online.