Powerbook 15inch 1.25 screen replacement

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by andyjamesnelson, Apr 29, 2006.

1. andyjamesnelson macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2003
    Jacob's house
    Hey I was wondering if anyone knows how I might replace the screen on my powerbook. It's got white spots on it and it's generally cover in marks and scratches and look like ****.

I just looked on google and found that apple have extended their warranty and my powerbook has the right serial but I think I bought it more then 2 and half years ago. Anyway I will call them in the morning.

If thats fails what other options do I have?

I really would like a new laptop but I work with Photoshop all the time and it seems that the macbooks are slow as running PS so it doesnt seem to make sense in getting one untill Adobe sort their end out.

Still it seems crazy to get the last version g4 powerbook because that won't be able to boot windows. I have no desire to run PS in windows on the macbook either.

Anyone got any ideas, andy
  2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    Well... they're ifixit.com now.

that's what you'll need, though.

Good luck!!
  3. andyjamesnelson thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2003
    Jacob's house
    Thanks for the link. Wow there really expensive and I guess it would be pretty impssible to fit oneself unless you happened to be really good at that sort of thing. Plus I would prefer to have a working screen with white dots on it then two deads screens and be $800 down :p I guess for that money you could get a refurbised ibook or soemthing. Hmm. I wish that the MBP could run Photoshop really fast. Maybe I should just get a desktop. Still I would have to wait for them to go all Intel.

Damm I really want a knew computer, I have the cash but it just doesnt seem like the right time. Andy.
  4. joepunk macrumors 68030

Aug 5, 2004
    a profane existence
    My PB also has white spots (see sig. for config.)

I am still going to take it into the apple store after I graduate in June even though it won't be (I assume) covered by the repair program. Just to see.