PowerBook 17" Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jgcool489, Mar 5, 2005.

1. jgcool489 macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2005
    I'm thinking about getting a 17" powerbook. I was wondering, does the powerbook's trackpad have a right-click (ctrl+click), or just a single click and is there a built-in microphone? Can you get education discounts in retail stores? And just wondering but how long does the battery last, apple says it lasts 4.5 hours, and some people say it only lasts 2. Anyone timed theirs? Thanks - Joe
    PS is anyone has any usable promo codes email me: jg4289-cool@yahoo.com :cool:
  2. joshua_msu macrumors regular

Aug 5, 2004
    chicago (formerly detroit)
    No way does it last 4.5, even if you dont use the optical drive and Airport. 2.5 hours MAX w/ normal computing.
  3. ObsidianIce macrumors 6502

Jun 1, 2004
    Seventh Circle of Hell
    It has a single "click button". Yes there is a built in microphone. you can get the educational discount on hardware at an Apple retail store..and select software...very select. Battery usage of course depends on usage... If you don't think you'll have enough you can always buy a second. Promos you can get them in you email. Just modify your private info. www.apple.com/contact/myinfo is the link i think.