powerbook adaptor question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by starfish, Jun 12, 2005.

1. starfish macrumors newbie

hi,

I have recently bought a powerbook 12" 1ghz DVI and was wondering if I can use my apple ibook g3 900mhz 65 watt power adaptor with it, they look the same and a mac spares website said I could but I wanted to confirm it!

cheers

Mike

2. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Yes!

All white iBooks and aluminum powerbooks use the same 65W white power adapter. Use it with zero worries!

3. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

Not True! White iBooks use 35W adapters while powerbooks use 65W. Although you cna use the 35W the only difference is slower charge times, and after your battery is down to zero itll take several minutes of being charged in to wake from sleep. I called applecare, having had the problem of thinking there both 65W and they explained, that it doesnt do hard, but does have those issues.

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

You can use them on both machines. Since my bro killed his (meaning MY because he hasn't paid me for it yet) Kensington $99 adapter air/car/wall thingy, I charged his (meaning my) iBook with my 65W powerbook adapter. Then, we got him the 65w one from the Apple store.

It's allll good!

5. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Really...

Really...that's interesting to know, because according to Apple's site all dual USB white iBooks and aluminum powerbooks use the exact same 65W power adapter.

6. aquajet macrumors 68020

The older dual-USB ibooks came with the hockey puck adapter. I doubt that type wil work with the PowerBook G4s.