Powerbook Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mzoloft, Oct 16, 2004.

  1. mzoloft macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2004
    #1
    Seriously considering a powerbook 15" is this a good time to buy or does it pay to wait for processor upgrade or G5 intro?
     
  2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

    LeeTom

    Joined:
    May 31, 2004
    #2
    I bet we will see at least a minor upgrade in the next 90 days. I'd advise you to wait until at least a little bit longer.

    Lee Tom
     
  3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

    Abstract

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2002
    Location:
    Location Location Location
    #3
    Heh, 90 days? That's 3 months. That's a long time. I don't even think it's worth it to wait. An update may give you a 0.1 GHz upgrade, maybe a bit more. I don't think that's worth a 3 month wait, since I don't think it'll help you much at all. I know it wouldn't help me, personally. I think there are other non-CPU reasons for why the system feels slow running some programs. ;) Don't worry, the 15" 1.5GHz G4, and even the 1.33GHz G4 is not a slow chip for most tasks, but obviously for huge programs like Motion, it'll slither about like a snail.
     

Share This Page