powerbook and adding ram

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by starstreak, Dec 7, 2004.

1. starstreak macrumors 6502

I went ahead and bought my first powerbook 12.1in (still sealed in box) and God I hope Apple doesn't have a new 12.1in PB for at least 3 months so I dont feel bad. :)

Anyways, about upgrading ram. I bought a stick of 512mb PNY 2700. I was told by the Apple guy that this ram would work. Is he wrong? It was on sale so its a good price.

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

If it's a SO-DIMM (Small Outline-DIMM) you're in luck. If it's a regular sized dimm it won't fit.

We'll never know when apple releases new machines, but most people are thinking that new powerbooks will be introduced under MWSF (mid-January), when they are availiable is another question...

The 12-inch Powerbooks are very capable machines and I have had one for five months now and it has been great so far!

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Updates happen :)

The use that you'll get out of our PB will help out weigh the disappointment on a new release. What is worse is when they release just weeks after you buy. :(

4. starstreak thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah and that's just what I don't want. I can be less hurt if the PB came out in Feb or March, but if it comes out in Jan, I'll cry. :)
    That happened to me already with a number of items I bought. hehe.

5. starstreak thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup, laptop sodimm. I may take back my laptop to apple and get the superdrive version.