PowerBook and Water Spills... Good combination?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by SpaceMagic, Mar 24, 2005.

1. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was any possible way to repair a TiBook which has had water spilled on it. It no longer turns on or anything.

I just want to know... what is the most likely problem? I'm thinking maybe a few capacitors blown on the Powerboard? and nothing else wrong? I really don't know.

Anyone at all with experience of water and a powerbook?

2. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Bad combination. Im glad i bought that super duper water protectant spray for my ibook. Since now whenever i spill water on it(which is quite frequently) i can rest assured. Because the water simply beeds up and rolls off. Leaving my ibook running like a champ. Im actually thinking of writing a review on it once i test it out in the bath tub. :rolleyes: :D

3. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

When you spill water on it, its not destroyed, or damaged if you don't have it on or turn it on while its wet. If you give it time to dry, all is ok. Otherwise, you need to have the Logic board, and maybe other parts replaced, and it will cost you since its water damage. Apple is not responsible for you clumsiness.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yeah, your chance of a miracle is diminished if you don't let it dry out fully before plugging it back in... Water alone often won't damage electronics, unless they have electricity running through them. How long has it been drying? how many times have you tried to start it?

5. SpaceMagic thread starter macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Stop pointing the blame at me :p I wasn't the clumbsy one!

It's just one at work I thought I may be able to repair.

6. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

If you tried turning it on with water still in it, then thats probably the end of the notebook. You have to turn it upside down and let it dry for a few days, longer the better.