Powerbook as Companion PC

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Snoozy, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Snoozy macrumors newbie

I'm looking to get a 12 or 15" G4 PB as a companion to my PC desktop. Is there a huge difference in battery life on these? I will just be getting the combo drive and using this as a "school" computer while my PC is for gaming etc.

2. Tommy_B macrumors newbie

I have a 12" Powerbook (867MHZ) and I also use a PC on the desktop. Awesome combo. Sharing files is a cinch. Sharing printers between the platforms however still alludes me. I only print stuff from my Mac so no big deal. So if you are looking for someone to tell you to take the plunge. Here I am. Do it. You won't regret it.

3. Snoozy thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool, I still like to play games and everything. But I want the iApps and my life to be organized and portable and I think a good lappy is the move there. What the battery life like?

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I don't know about battery life (sorry) but I would say get the 12. If you are still going to use you desktop, get as small a laptop as possible. But if think you may use it as a primary system, go with the 15.

5. Tommy_B macrumors newbie

Battery life is a funny question. It depends what you are doing and what you have going. I've had my Airport turned off and the processor usage turn down and got 4 hours. With everything turned on I usually get like 2.5 hours.