powerbook audio jack broken :S

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by biohazard6969, Jul 13, 2005.

1. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

ok, so i turned on my music the other day only to find that it only played through the subwoofer and the left speaker. i thought the speakers were broken so i went out and bought brand new ones. then when the same thing happened with them i got suspicious. i plugged my headphones into the powerbook and the sound only comes out of one of the headphones.

it is always the left speaker/headphone that is the WORKING one, the right one is either VERY VERY faint or non-existent

AAAAAA such a weird yet serious problem plz help

2. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

Go to your System Preferences, and choose the Sound Panel. Then choose the output tab and check your speaker balance. Sometimes my PB decides it only wants to use one speaker, it could have been the 10.4.2 update or it could have been gnomes. Hope this is it.

-TJ

EDIT: I also noticed this is on your 12". The placement of the speakers on these makes it tough to differenciate when one, the other, or both speakers are on. I only noticed mine when I put headphones on, and after the fix, it never occurred again.

3. biohazard6969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

hey thanks, the sounds pref was set to just the left speaker dunno how it got there though :confused: