Powerbook Backlight Keyboard Problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Lapdance Jockey, Mar 16, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi all

I just wanted to thank you for answering my previous questions and to ask another one :cool:

I have the powerbook g4 laptop and the backlighting on the keyboard was great - super bright etc - i was even messing with it - placing my hand over the speakers on the left activated it even during well lit conditions (i did that like 3 times just to show off)

Now today the backlight is considerably dimmer - power is plugged in- it looks good when its pitch black in the room - but in low light you can barely see it -

it doesnt get any brighter or dimmer now - it has one setting - thats it - and its weak.

Any thoughts on how to get the brightness back up or what could have caused the problem?

many thanks

:(

2. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The controls for the brightness of the backlight are on F9 (lower) and F10 (brighter). When the backlight is on try holding down F10.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea - My Bad

wow - so embarrassed

newbie question

sorry about that - but thank you for your reply

just read that at apples website

thanks again

:eek: :eek:

4. macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I don't have a PowerBook, so I can't try this out myself, but doesn't F10 just activate Exposé? Or do you just hold down the fn button?

5. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Not a PowerBook with backlit keyboard. You need to use the fn key to get F10 (which activates Exposé).

Most of the F keys are allocated to something else by default (F1 - F10 are all used).

6. macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I remapped my Expose keys - with Dashboard coming up will have to think of a few other things to get round running out of function keys!

7. macrumors 68040

Daveway

Does anyone know what's up with the new backlit keyboards? What is different about them besides being brighter?