Powerbook Battery Life?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Unclej78, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Unclej78 macrumors member

I'm a proud new owner of my first Powerbook. Its the combo 12" 1Ghz w/512 mb ram upgrade.

How long should the battery last?

Mine says 2:15, I've let it gone down to 0-1% and then charged it up, but I only get around 2:15. I've turned off Bluetooth which the help file suggests. It's on Automatic, i've switched the settings and the time/percentage doesn't seem to change.

Any comments are welcome.

2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I have the same machine. You should let the computer force itself to sleep, then fully charge it. That's the proper way to calibrate the battery. If I have the screen brightness turned up all the way, with airport and bluetooth on, I get about 2:30 of life. If I have the brightness turned down all the way, with airport and bluetooth on, I get 4 hours of life. I would assume I'd get even more with airport and bluetooth off. I keep the automatic setting on all the time.

3. poisonmonkey macrumors newbie

It also depends on what you're doing. The more processor intensive the task (gaming, editing) or more programs you run the more the battery will be depleted.

Normally for just email, typing etc... with the screen dim you should get 3.5 hours....