Powerbook Battery Won't Take Charge

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ezsober, Mar 29, 2004.

1. ezsober macrumors member

Yet another problem with my G4 powerbook. The battery won't take a charge. Stopped taking a charge this morning. The current running from the outlet to the computer works fine, but the battery wont pick it up. Its been eight months, and the battery is dead? Is this normal?

2. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

try taking the battery out and then put it back in again. Also try your power adapter with another powerbook.
    Hope this helps,
    ted

3. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

o... also if none of those helps you can call apple care. If your 'book is 8 months old it should still be covered under warranty.

4. KershMan macrumors 6502

OK, first is it the battery or the power adapter? Is the battery recognized and just not charging? I.E., can you pull the plug and it operates on the battery? When my wife's battery went out it actually had an X through the icon and was not recognized at all.

Now, I have a 12" PowerBook that is on its third power adapter. For some reason I get current through the bad ones so the power icon turns to the cord and shows it is plugged in, but the light does not come on the cord (green or amber) and the battery never charges.

Another thing I have noticed when this happens to me is the connection between the cord and the book seem loose.

Do you have a spare adapter or another Book to test?

5. adt macrumors member

Perhaps it needs to attend a workshop on assertiveness. Or perhaps you're expecting a little too much from a lowly battery. You're its master, why don't you take charge?